Spring is a season of transformation and new beginnings. It can be the perfect time to reset the mind and body as we emerge out of a period of winter hibernation, to move stagnation from the body and bring in new energy.
TIPS TO RESET THE MIND & BODY
1. De - clutter your space. This could simply be tidying your house/ room, lighting your favourite candle or burning an uplifting essential oil like sweet orange, ylang ylang, grapefruit or eucalyptus.
2. In a fresh week commit to a daily movement practice. This can be as simple as a 10 minute stretch to get the blood flowing and encourage fresh oxygenation and circulation around the body.
3. Ensure you're drinking at least 1 L of filtered water a day to support healthy elimination of waste via the kidneys. If you struggle to drink water, consider infusing with citrus fruits or making a batch of cleansing, iced herbal tea. Herbs we love in spring are nettle leaf, green tea, calendula and hibiscus.
4. Incorporate more bitter and sour foods into your meals to stimulate digestive juices and enzymes which support the healthy breakdown and absorption of nutrients from foods. These can include dark leafy greens, lemon and olive oil or vinegar dressing and fruits like pineapple and papaya (which also have natural digestive enzymes).
5. To emerge from the winter months, journal your thoughts and feelings and consider what may no longer be serving you. With this new energy, spring is a beautiful time to set goals and have a fresh perspective.
If you feel like you need some guided support to help you reach your health goals, consider starting the new season with a Naturopathy consultation.
Click HERE to start your reset with us.